Thomas Weems Architect
INTERN ARCHITECT / ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER
- Full Time
- Johnson City, TN
Thomas Weems Architect is a small, fast paced firm that is committed to addressing the challenges of our fast growing communities by doing what we do best – listen, visualize, design, communicate, and create.
We seek an Intern Architect / Architectural Designer (minimum 3 years’ experience) with an entrepreneurial spirit and a self-starting attitude who isn’t afraid to do any of the following tasks:
- Design through visual and graphic representation.
- Work in an open office and transparent team environment.
- Communicate with consultants, contractors, clients, vendors, and manufacturers.
- Effectively prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Challenge team assumptions and share your own opinion.
- And it’s a plus if you can troubleshoot computer problems (we leave the big stuff to our IT consultant).
Our ideal candidate has the following qualities:
- Is interested in being an integral part of a small practice.
- Is excited to be involved in the entire development process, from originating and developing design concepts during schematic design, to preparing design documentation during permitting, and remaining involved through the construction process.
- Has strong written and oral communication skills.
- Has advanced skills in CAD drafting (we use AutoCAD 2007 – 2015), SketchUp modeling, and hand sketching.
- Is proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required.
- Minimum 3 years design experience.
If you are our ideal candidate, please send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.