Shapiro & Company Architects is a growing, award-winning residential design firm, looking to add a Construction Administrator to our Nashville, TN office. Our dynamic team of professional’s craft solutions for our clients by asking the right questions, diving deep into understanding their needs and the contexts of our projects. We are recognized in the design community for the quality and thoughtfulness of our work and for being focused on outcomes that suit our clients long term needs.
Construction Administration (CA) is responsible for ensuring project construction complies with the design contract during the construction stage.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• In depth understanding of contract document drawings and specifications.
• Manage and review construction change orders and pay applications.
• Assist in preparation and organization of weekly CA staff meetings for “Lessons Learned.”
• Review incoming submittals and shop drawings.
• Maintain weekly tracking update of all shop drawings for projects in CA phase. Monitor timely returns.
• Received RFI’s from the General Contractor through our construction sharing software Procore for review and distribution to applicable design.
• Process RFI responses to General Contractor.
• Attends the following meetings: Site visit/walkthrough, Punch list walkthrough, Closeout, and Represent firm at OAC meetings when required
• Coordinate monthly site visits for projects under construction.
• Oversee production of reports (i.e. Field Reports).
• Act as a liaison between our design professionals, contractors, consultants and clients.
• Build and maintain favorable working relationships with clients, contractors and other team members.
• Proficient in the construction process, a professional degree in Architecture or Construction sciences a plus
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and provide valid conclusions.
• Must have the ability to write reports and project correspondence.
• Excellent organizational and time management.
• Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
• Must be willing to travel roughly 25% of the time.
• Licensed Architect experienced with wood construction and multifamily projects preferred, but not required.
• Proficiency in Procore a plus.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience with architectural, mechanical, electrical, structural and interior design disciplines. This position requires firsthand knowledge of most trade skills, a working knowing of the construction industry and the construction process, a familiarity of building codes, and have a high degree of self-confidence.
How to apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org