Sign up for the AIA TN Newsletter
News, Announcements & Recent Posts
Recent Posts and Announcements:
- State Legislature Repeals Professional Privilege Tax for Architects May 3, 2019In 2020, architects will no longer be subject to the $400 annual professional privilege tax! (NOTE: Licensed architects in TN must still pay the professional privilege tax this year.) The repeal of this $400 tax affects all our 1,400 members – even those that aren’t licensed yet because they will not worry The post State Legislature Repeals Professional Pr […]
- Tennessee Architect Licensing Advisor – Call for Volunteers April 18, 2019Application Deadline: May 20, 2019 Are you passionate about helping Tennessee’s future architects on the path to licensure? The Architect Licensing Advisors Community is a group of individuals committed to assisting licensure candidates and architects as they navigate the path to licensure and reciprocity. Architect licensing advisors provide guidance throug […]
- AIA Gulf States Regional Associate Director April 18, 2019Call for Submissions! Application Deadline: September 2, 2019 Looking to be involved with AIA Associates at the national level? The NAC needs you! Since 2000, the National Associates Committee (NAC) The post AIA Gulf States Regional Associate Director appeared first on AIA Tennessee.
- Licensed or Unlicensed Architect/Sr. Designer with 3-8 Years Experience March 11, 2019Smith Gee Studio, Nashville, TN Position Overview: Smith Gee Studio is seeking a passionate Senior Designer to join our top-notch team of smart, creative and fun people. The candidate would assist us with the design and drawing process for both public and private sector projects including mixed-use, retail, office, multi-family, hospitality, and urban redeve […]
- Licensed or Unlicensed Architect Project Manager with 8+ Years Experience March 11, 2019Smith Gee Studio, Nashville, TN Position Overview: Smith Gee Studio is seeking a passionate Project Manager to join our top-notch team of smart, creative and fun people. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the design and drawing process for both public and private sector projects, which may include mixed-use, retail, office, multi-family, hospit […]
- 2019 EP Firm Friendly Award – Now Accepting Applications February 18, 2019The goal of the awards program is to foster dialogue within firms across the state to create new and innovative policies and opportunities that support and develop future members of the design profession. GOALS Emerging Professionals are The post 2019 EP Firm Friendly Award – Now Accepting Applications appeared first on AIA Tennessee.
- Support State Historic Preservation Tax Incentives February 13, 2019Thank you to everyone that supported the Main Street Historic Tourism and Revitalization Act this year. Unfortunately, the legislation was not included in the budget. However, your voice was heard on TN’s Capitol Hill! You raised awareness of the importance of a state historic tax incentives and educated hundreds of people about the issue. Let’s The post Sup […]
- Architect – Job Opportunity in Chattanooga February 7, 2019Architect Opportunity at Artech Design Group Architect with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Commercial Architecture. The Architect will work within a team under the direction of the Project Manager. Must be strong in design skills, construction knowledge and proficient in Revit. Some travel may be involved to job sites. Firm of 33 years The post Archi […]
- Shapiro & Company Architects hiring Architectural Designer/Job Captain September 21, 2018Shapiro & Company Architects is a growing, award-winning residential design firm looking to add an Architectural Designer/Job Captain to our Memphis, TN office. Our dynamic team of professional’s craft solutions for our clients by asking the right questions, diving deep into understanding their needs and the contexts of our projects. We are recognized in […]
- Construction Administrator position open at Shapiro & Company Architects, Nashville Office September 20, 2018Shapiro & Company Architects is a growing, award-winning residential design firm, looking to add a Construction Administrator to our Nashville, TN office. Our dynamic team of professional’s craft solutions for our clients by asking the right questions, diving deep into understanding their needs and the contexts of our projects. We are recognized in the d […]