Sign up for the AIA TN Newsletter
News, Announcements & Recent Posts
Recent Posts and Announcements:
- Smith Gee Studio Seeks Urban Designer September 9, 2019SMITH GEE STUDIO | www.smithgeestudio.com | 615.739.5555 Position Overview:Smith Gee Studio is seeking a passionate urban designer to join our top-notch team of smart, creative and funpeople. The candidate would assist us with both public and private sector projects including zoning entitlements,design guidelines, site planning, large scale master planning, […]
- 2019 AIA Tennessee Design Award Recipients are… July 30, 2019(Knoxville, TN) – The Tennessee Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA Tennessee) celebrated the 2019 Design Awards in Knoxville during AIA Tennessee’s Conference on Architecture. To salute excellence in architecture, AIA Tennessee conducts an annual Design Awards program. This program honors built works of distinction designed by AIA Tenness […]
- AIA TENNESSEE RECOGNIZES 2019 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS HONOREES July 30, 2019(Knoxville, TN) –Kem G. Hinton, FAIA, and William B. Nolan received the highest honors that AIA Tennessee can bestow on an individual during the 2019 AIA Tennessee Conference on Architecture. The two awards: “William Strickland Award for Lifetime Achievement for the Profession of Architecture” and the “Samuel Morgan Lifetime Service Award for Contribution to […]
- Architect – Value Added Solutions July 25, 2019Position: Architect Company: Value Added Solutions, Inc DUTIES Provide architectural staff augmentation support to SRNS. Primary responsibilities include analysis of existing facilities and space planning; development of design criteria, facility conceptual design, and construction drawings; fire protection design including fire barriers and penetration seal […]
- Revit Specialist – Architectural Design Position June 20, 2019Tinker Ma is hiring! Tinker Ma, Inc. – Chattanooga, TN – is currently accepting applications for the position of Revit Specialist in its Chattanooga office. Tinker Ma is an architectural firm providing design & construction documents to enhance and enrich the human experience for a wide variety of commercial projects, restaurants, hospitality, and reside […]
- State Legislature Repeals Professional Privilege Tax for Architects May 3, 2019In 2020, architects will no longer be subject to the $400 annual professional privilege tax! (NOTE: Licensed architects in TN must still pay the professional privilege tax this year.) The repeal of this $400 tax affects all our 1,400 members – even those that aren’t licensed yet because they will not worry The post State Legislature Repeals Professional Pr […]
- Tennessee Architect Licensing Advisor – Call for Volunteers April 18, 2019Application Deadline: May 20, 2019 Are you passionate about helping Tennessee’s future architects on the path to licensure? The Architect Licensing Advisors Community is a group of individuals committed to assisting licensure candidates and architects as they navigate the path to licensure and reciprocity. Architect licensing advisors provide guidance throug […]
- AIA Gulf States Regional Associate Director April 18, 2019Call for Submissions! Application Deadline: September 2, 2019 Looking to be involved with AIA Associates at the national level? The NAC needs you! Since 2000, the National Associates Committee (NAC) The post AIA Gulf States Regional Associate Director appeared first on AIA Tennessee.
- 2019 EP Firm Friendly Award – Now Accepting Applications February 18, 2019The goal of the awards program is to foster dialogue within firms across the state to create new and innovative policies and opportunities that support and develop future members of the design profession. GOALS Emerging Professionals are The post 2019 EP Firm Friendly Award – Now Accepting Applications appeared first on AIA Tennessee.
- Support State Historic Preservation Tax Incentives February 13, 2019Thank you to everyone that supported the Main Street Historic Tourism and Revitalization Act this year. Unfortunately, the legislation was not included in the budget. However, your voice was heard on TN’s Capitol Hill! You raised awareness of the importance of a state historic tax incentives and educated hundreds of people about the issue. Let’s The post Sup […]