Shapiro & Company Architects is a growing, award-winning residential design firm looking to add an Architectural Designer/Job Captain to our Memphis, TN office. Our dynamic team of professional’s craft solutions for our clients by asking the right questions, diving deep into understanding their needs and the contexts of our projects. We are recognized in the design community for the quality and thoughtfulness of our work and for being focused on outcomes that suit the clients long term needs.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Responsible for understanding and implementing project specific design and requirements.
• Capable of working independently on projects with minimum direction from senior staff/PM.
• Planning and conducting work in all phases of a project.
• Collaborating with other disciplines to produce integrated project documents.
• Knowledge of building code and ADA/Fair Housing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong time management and communication skills.
• Communicative, self-motivated, enthusiastic, interested in growth and dependable.
• Thorough understanding of architectural concepts, spatial relationships, and fundamental knowledge of building systems.
• Able to handle multiple priorities.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture preferred
• Fluent in AutoCAD, Sketch up and Adobe Suite.
• Experience with wood framed structures.
• Extensive Multi-Family design work, 4 years required
How to apply:
Please submit resume, cover letter and samples of your work to email@example.com