Application Deadline: May 20, 2019
Are you passionate about helping Tennessee’s future architects on the path to licensure?
The Architect Licensing Advisors Community is a group of individuals committed to assisting licensure candidates and architects as they navigate the path to licensure and reciprocity. Architect licensing advisors provide guidance throughout the licensure process by facilitating the flow of information to architecture students, licensure candidates, and architects.
The Tennessee Architect Licensing Advisor for the 2019-2021 term will be appointed by AIA Tennessee. Interested applicants are encouraged to review this call for submissions.
For questions and/or to discuss this position and application process in more depth please contact the current Architect Licensing Advisor Ali Alsaleh, Associate AIA.
- Architect or licensure candidate actively pursuing licensure.
- Individual who has served as a volunteer architect licensing advisor for at least one year preferred.
- Assisting licensure candidates pursuing licensure.
- Helping supervisors assist licensure candidates through licensure.
- Advising architects on NCARB certification and reciprocity.
- Serve as an information resource for licensure candidates and architects on the required components of licensure (education, experience, & examination).
- Provide guidance along the transition to becoming a practicing architect within the context of state regulatory requirements, reciprocity, and NCARB certification.
- Advise and assist licensure candidates with the NCARB Record application and documentation process.
- Potential for funding by AIA National to attend the Licensing Advisors Summit.
For more information, review ALA Community Guidelines
Applications Requirements – Please prepare the following and submit via the submission button below.
- Applicant’s interest in the position.
- Back-up materials: three (3) 8.5”x11” pages maximum, including applicant’s resume at a minimum – PDF