AIA Tennessee has selected the recipients of the Emerging Professionals Friendly Firm (EPFF) program. The award program showcases the best Tennessee firms offering great support and opportunities to their Emerging Professionals.
The goal of the awards program is to foster dialogue within firms across the state to create new and innovative policies and opportunities that support and develop future members of the design profession. While all firms that participated in this year’s program showed support for their emerging professionals, the jury wanted to specifically recognize those firms that made professional development and leadership opportunities for their younger staff members an integral part of their firms’ overall studio culture as well as their business policies and practices.
Criteria for the selected firms include the following principles:
- support and resources for EPs attaining licensure
- equitable compensation and benefits for EPs
- professional and personal development opportunities for EPs
- diversity and equal opportunity for EPs
Top Ten Firms were selected by a jury of peers and are as follows:
- Outstanding EPFF Large Firm: HBG Design, Memphis, TN.
- Outstanding EPFF Medium Firm: Self+Tucker Architects, Memphis AND Johnson Johnson Crabtree Architects, PC, Nashville
- Outstanding Small firm: ArchInc, Memphis
EP Friendly Firms
- ESa, Nashville
- Hastings Architecture Associates, Nashville
- brg3s, Memphis
- TMPartners, PLLC, Brentwood
- Smith Gee Studio, LLC, Nashville
- McCarty Holsaple McCarty Architects, Knoxville