Emerging Professionals are critical components to the vitality and growth of AIA and the profession. As such, recruitment and retention of these valued members is critical to our success. AIA Tennessee recognizes firms who offer superior support and opportunities to Emerging Professionals. We hope this process helps foster dialogue within firms and communities and across the state to create new and innovative policies and opportunities to support and develop the future members of our profession.
Applications are to be submitted through the award via online form by 5:00 PM CST on Monday, August 9, 2021.
Foster Value and Retention of EPs
- Providing unique firm cultures and benefits to encourage recruitment of EPs
- Providing equitable career opportunities, compensation, and benefits
Provide strong professional development for EPs
- Encouraging and celebrating licensure
- Providing EPs with a broad and diverse experiences in firm practice
- Committing to and investing at all phases of their professional development
Promote EP engagement and leadership in the profession and the community
- Providing leadership opportunities and clear paths for advancement within firm
- Encouraging EPs to inform firm culture to transform the practice of architecture for the next generation
- Promoting involvement in the AIA and industry, charitable, and community organizations
All awards will be presented at the AIA Tennessee Conference on Architecture in October in Nashville. As this recognition is awarded annually, firms are encouraged to participate every year, refining their applications to demonstrate their continued support of EPs. An out-of-state jury will judge applications; firm identities will remain anonymous during evaluation.