Company: Value Added Solutions, Inc
Provide architectural staff augmentation support to SRNS. Primary responsibilities include analysis of existing facilities and space planning; development of design criteria, facility conceptual design, and construction drawings; fire protection design including fire barriers and penetration seals; coordination with structural, civil, mechanical, and electrical disciplines; materials research and specification development; building code research, analysis, and compliance; preparation of CSI specifications; vendor document reviews, construction oversight, and project closeout.
Architectural services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
BS Degree in Architecture and 10 years relevant work experience. Architectural Registration is preferred.
The following experience/skills are required for this position:
• Industrial experience in facility layout design for industrial type equipment and manufacturing.
• Commercial practice experience
• Familiarity with National Codes and Standards such as IBC, AISC, AWS, NFPA, OSHA, CFR and ABA.
• Working knowledge of NFPA Life Safety Code 101
• Knowledge of preparation of Construction Specification Institute (CSI) formatted specifications.
• Passive Fire Protection Design Skills – Fire Barriers/Penetration Seals
• Working knowledge of MicroStation CADD (AutoCAD experience with willingness to learn MicroStation is acceptable.)
The following experience/skills are preferred but not required for this position:
• Facility security architectural experience.
• Familiarity with cost estimating and quantity takeoffs.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and four days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
Area Security Access:
Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “L” security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Afterward, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments. Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years are preferred.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. – Fri. 9am – 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.