Call for Submissions! Application Deadline: September 2, 2019
Looking to be involved with AIA Associates at the national level? The NAC needs you!
Since 2000, the National Associates Committee (NAC) has been dedicated to representing and advocating for Associates, both mainstream and non-traditional, in the national, regional, state, and local components of the AIA. By promoting excellence, providing information and leadership, fostering inclusiveness and encouraging individual, community and professional development, the NAC strives to integrate the growing Associates community of the profession into a strong voice within the American Institute of Architects.
The Regional Associate Director for the Gulf States Region for the 2020-2021 term will be selected from the AIA Tennessee membership. Interested applicants are encouraged to review this call for submissions.
For questions and/or to discuss this position and application process in more depth please contact the current Regional Associate Director Shannon Gathings, Assoc. AIA, or AIA Tennessee President Josh Flowers, FAIA.
DUTIES OF THE REGIONAL ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR:
The Regional Associate Director is the primary connection between local and state AIA chapters, the Gulf States regional leadership and the National Associates Committee.
- The Regional Associate Director will communicate among these groups by:
- Serving as a conduit between local and state AIA chapters, the Gulf States Regional Board of Directors and National Associates Committee
- Disseminating information to and collecting information from local chapters as requested.
- Participation in quarterly Gulf States region leadership calls
- Participate in a monthly conference call with NAC members.
- The YAF Regional Director contributes to the direction and planning of the NAC by:
- Participating in the NAC Annual Meeting.
- Working with NAC leaders on various issues pertaining to Associate AIA members.
- The Regional Associate Director is the primary connection at the regional level to other groups in the AIA by:
- Collaborate with the YAF Young Architect Regional Director to support emerging professionals in the Gulf States region.
- Suggesting or encouraging Associate AIA members for nomination for regional or national awards, positions or committees/subcommittees.
- Attending AIA National Convention, when possible.
- Additional responsibilities may be required by each respective region.
- Attend the Gulf States regional meeting at Grassroots and all Gulf States Regional Council meetings. Vote on matters that come before the council.
- Attend state conventions within the region as schedule and budget allow.
- Additional items:
- Participation and Funding to national events are required as annual budget allow
- Depending on budget, may be partially funded to attend the NAC Annual meeting and AIA Grassroots
- Depending on Gulf States regional budget, may receive a travel stipend for travel within the region.
Applications Requirements – Please prepare the following and submit via the submission button below.
- Applicant’s interest in the position
- Back-up materials (PDF): three 8.5”x11” pages maximum, including applicant’s resume at a minimum;
- Two letters of recommendation (including one from an AIA component leader) (PDF)